This course aims to assist practitioners who work with or who have contact with in gaining or enhancing their knowledge of how a disability may impact on a child’s life and how best to work with children and their families to safeguard those children from abuse and neglect.
The course covers the following:
- Some key facts around disability
- What is a disability and when is someone considered to have a disability?
- How a disability may impact on a child's development and care
- How a disability may make children vulnerable to abuse and how that abuse can happen
- Why abuse is often not disclosed or ide
- How practitioners may identify that a child with a disability is experiencing abuse
- Best practice in responding to concerns about abuse or neglect of a child with a disability including direct work with families
- Different resources that may be available.
Our popular training courses
- An Introduction to Child Protection and Safeguarding Children
- Working Effectively To Safeguard Children- Advanced Practice
- Safer Recruitment Practice and Procedure (foundation level)
- Essential Skills in Safeguarding Children Practice for Designated Leads
- Understanding and Responding Effectively to Child Sexual Exploitation