This course is for anyone who:
- Works in a setting with children or young people and
- Has some involvement in the recruitment of employees or volunteers and/or
- Has some involvement in the supervision and management of new employees or volunteers and/or
- Has some involvement in the drafting of policy and procedures relating to the above.
The course will ensure that by completion, those attending will
- Understand some key principles about child abuse; those who abuse children; and the relevance of this to safer recruitment
- Understand why it is important for each organisation and workplace to have safer recruitment procedures in place
- Have been assisted in identifying safer recruitment practices and the reasons for them
- Have been assisted in developing the skills needed to support safer recruitment processes in their workplace
- Have been supported in promoting a ‘best practice’ approach to safer recruitment within their organisation.