This interactive 1 ¼ hour session is a mix of delivery, activities, awareness raising and peer led discussion.
This session has often been combined with a second session led by local police, and a final facilitated session reviewing some of the resources available with young people and setting some targeted work to be completed at home
These sessions can be adapted and also include subjects such as bullying, healthy relationships, relationship abuse, grooming and CSE.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Whether its ok to say certain things online
- Whether its ok to share images (including of yourself)
- If you post something on FB or other social media, will it only be seen by your friends or those that you select?
- What are the implications long term of what you do online?
- Accepting friend requests
- Apps and their age limits
- Ways of keeping safe and finding out more
Our popular training courses
- An Introduction to Child Protection and Safeguarding Children
- Working Effectively To Safeguard Children- Advanced Practice
- Safer Recruitment Practice and Procedure (foundation level)
- Essential Skills in Safeguarding Children Practice for Designated Leads
- Understanding and Responding Effectively to Child Sexual Exploitation